As you search for an attorney to represent you during your family law related case, it is crucial to retain one with the credentials that ensure his or her ability to obtain the results you need. If you are moving through a family law case or have been contemplating divorce, you may have been advised to work with a Board Certified Family Law specialist. But, do you know why this can be beneficial for you and your case?
Our lawyers at Family Law San Diego are here to answer that question!
The Importance of a Board Certification
To begin, a lawyer wishing to obtain a Board Certification must meet extensive requirements. The California Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California requires that the applying lawyer proves his or her expertise in family law. To obtain a Board Certification, the attorney must fulfill the following requirements:
- Demonstrated a high level of accomplishment
- Demonstrated a high level of experience
- Engaged in family law for at least 25% of the past five years
- Serves as an active member of the State Bar of California
- Passed a detailed written exam
- Participated in a minimum of 45 hours of continuing education in family law
- Is in favorable standing with both judges and peers
A Board Certified Family Law Specialist Understands All Areas of Family Law
According to the State Bar of California’s standards for certification, an applicant must demonstrate that he or she has been involved in the practice area of family law, which includes experience in each of the following areas:
- Modification of support
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Division of community property
- Confirmation of separate property
- Custody of children
- Legal separation, dissolution of marriage, or nullity of marriage litigation
- Domestic violence proceedings / Restraining orders
- Taxation issues incident to dissolution of marriage
- Contempt / Enforcement proceedings
- Counseling and psychological aspects of dissolution of marriage
Work With a Team Led by Board Certified Family Law Specialists
Our team at Family Law San Diego is led by two Board Certified Family Law Specialists, Attorney Garrison Klueck and Attorney Traci Hoppes. As a result, our team is backed by the experience, skills, and knowledge it takes to recover successful results no matter what your case may be.
Because we are dedicated to individualized services for our clients, we provide each client with options so they never feel uncomfortable as his or her case proceeds. At every step, we do our best to streamline the legal process so our client and their family can remain at ease.
Don’t wait to get in touch with our Family Law San Diegoattorneys. Contact the team that can resolve your case with speed, effectiveness, and affordability. We offer free 30-minute consultations to make your legal options clear to you.