Who Gets Child Custody in Divorce?
When it comes to child custody in San Diego, the Family Courts throughout
San Diego County are led by one question: what is in the best interests
of your child? Every custody case hinges on proving that a parent is the
person to guide and care for a child. Your lawyers will have to present
your case before the court if you believe you should have primary custody
(or additional custody in a
Judges will use the following criteria in order to evaluate your claim:
- The child's choice (if old enough)
- Each parent's lifestyle
- Each parent's financial situation
- How healthy each parent is (mentally and physically)
- The ability of each parent to provide food and shelter
- The relationship between each parent and the child
- Any record of domestic violence or substance abuse
- How disruptive each parent's lifestyle is to the child's
Why Turn to Law & Mediation Firm of Klueck & Hoppes, APC
Our law firm is known for our two sides: we are kindhearted and compassionate when
it comes to our clients, but we are aggressive, commanding litigators
in the courts. When our client's family's well-being is at stake,
we do not cut corners and we do not back down.
Our representation has been honored time and again by the legal community,
- Perfect 10.0 "Superb" Avvo rating
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers® 2007-2011
3-time inclusion in Best of the Bar in
San Diego Business Journal
- Voted Best Overall Law Firm in San Diego by readers and residents
- Board Certification in Family Law by California Board of Legal Specialization
Let our San Diego
family law firm provide you with all of your options and choices. In the beginning
stages of your case, our attorney's primary role is empowering you
with information. Most people are unaware of their legal options until
an attorney makes it clear to them. Our San Diego child custody lawyers
can also help educate you on your case's intricacies, equipping you
to make confident and well-informed decisions.
Call (619) 577-4900 today for a reduced rate, flat fee consultation for $95, or
contact us online to schedule an appointment with a skilled child custody lawyer in San Diego.
We have two convenient locations—our primary office in
La Mesa and our
La Jolla satellite office. Visit today!