Child Custody Lawyer in San Diego
Turn to Our Award-Winning Custody Attorneys for Help
The question of who has custody over your child is likely the most important, most emotionally distressing question you will ever have to answer in the divorce process. The stakes involved means there is no margin for error—how your case is presented or how you craft the agreement could affect your family's lives for decades to come. Thankfully, you have an ally with our San Diego child custody attorneys at Law & Mediation Firm of Klueck & Hoppes, APC.
Our custody lawyers in San Diego have decades of collective experience that we put to work for our clients to fiercely and relentlessly protect their futures. We create custody agreements that are innovative, creative, and above all, uphold your child's best interests.
Call (619) 577-4900 TOdayTo schedule an initial consultation.
Who Gets Child Custody in Divorce?
When it comes to child custody in San Diego, the Family Courts throughout San Diego County are led by one question: what is in the best interests of your child? Every custody case hinges on proving that a parent is the person to guide and care for a child. Your lawyers will have to present your case before the court if there is no agreement and believe you should have primary custody (or additional custody in a modification case).
- Each parent's lifestyle
- Each parent's financial situation
- The child's choice (if old enough)
- How healthy each parent is (mentally and physically)
- The ability of each parent to provide food and shelter
- The relationship between each parent and the child
- Any record of domestic violence or substance abuse
- How disruptive each parent's lifestyle is to the child's
Why Turn to Law & Mediation Firm of Klueck & Hoppes, APC
Our child custody lawyers in San Diego are known for our two sides: we are kindhearted and compassionate when it comes to our clients, but we are aggressive, commanding litigators in the courts. When our client’s and their family's well-being are at stake, we do not cut corners and we do not back down.
- Perfect 10.0 "Superb" Avvo rating
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers®
- 3-time inclusion in Best of the Bar in San Diego Business Journal
- Voted Best Overall Law Firm in San Diego by readers and residents
- Board Certification in Family Law by the California Board of Legal Specialization
Let our San Diego family law firm provide you with all of your options and choices. In the beginning stages of your case, our attorney's primary role is empowering you with information. Most people are unaware of their legal options until an attorney makes it clear to them. Our San Diego child custody lawyers can also help educate you on your case's intricacies, equipping you to make confident and well-informed decisions.
- What Is Parental Alienation?
- What Is Parental Kidnapping?
- When Is Guardianship of Children Necessary?
- What Are Your Rights as a Grandparent in California?
- What Happens During an Emergency Custody Hearing?
Call (619) 577-4900 today for a one-hour consultation, or contact us online to schedule an appointment with a skilled child custody lawyer in San Diego.